My name is Ricardo Ariel Leija Rodríguez, I'm a mexican engineer with a B.S. in Robotics and Digital Systems from the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education (ITESM).
I have a strong interest in computer science/robotics related subjects. I'm fascinated by the history of computing and tech and how it has evolved in such a short time. Interested in aerospace, automotive, microchip manufacturing, robotics, tech industries.
Also interested in the aerospace industry, and I'm learning new things about it everyday.
·Leadership and management for small & medium sized teams
·Patience and persistence
· Proficient in managing diverse operating systems including Linux, WSL2, Windows XP, 10 & 11, and Mac OS.
· Skillful in REST API development using ExpressJS and FastAPI, with strong foundations in HTML5, CSS3, and MySQL.
· Proficient in project management tools Jira & Confluence, and code editing with VSCode.
· Experienced in version control with Git & GitHub, continuous integration and testing with Jenkins and a bit of data analysis using Tableau.
· Strong proficiency in Firmware Quality Assurance.
· Automation testing expertise with Pytest for firmware and continuous integration with Jenkins.
· Over 4 years of Python experience across various applications including OOP.
· Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
· Skilled in general-purpose programming with C++ including OOP.
· Bash/shell scripting
· Hands-on experience with ROS Melodic, STM32, NXP, Arduino, and NodeMCU development boards.
Proficient in C for embedded systems, working with communication protocols such as CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, etc.
· Solid understanding of networking protocols including hands-on experience with Cisco Packet Tracer for simulating and troubleshooting various network scenarios.
· Experienced in Matlab for numerical computing.
· Some experience using R for big data analysis.
· Manage the development and QA teams
· Web apps development for businesses
· Code reviewer of the whole company codebase
· Helping with the development of a new hardware product in different areas (defining the right embedded systems and sensors, software architecture, mechanical requirements, electrical requirements, interfacing).
· Firmware QA/Validation for WiFi, Bluetooth and Cellular systems for new product developments and already existing platforms.
· In car testing across most of the software release life cycle (FC, RC, Prod releases) to validate new firmware versions and specific dev changes.
· Test automation framework stability & reliability improvements.
· Made improvements to tests in all the different technologies (WiFi, Bluetooth, Cellular) across different platforms.
· Test development for functional, regression, stress and performance testing.
· Developed automation libraries for internal usage.
· Saved ~6,000 minutes of engineering time with my developments in automation.
· Fixed issues and made improvements front & backendwise on the organization’s air quality website of the state of Nuevo León.
· Code reviewer of the team members PR’s on the GitHub organization.
· Redesigned several webpages and created one from scratch with the strategic guidance provided by the UI/UX designer using HTML and CSS and a bit of JS.
· Developed a burger menu for the mobile version of one web page.
· Designed from scratch a webpage for payments.
· Redesigned the mobile version of a congress of the company's web page.
· CNC programming with Mastercam X5 for precision machining of steel components.
· Learned how the company operates and does business.
· Reviewer for the students assignments.
· Teacher in the area of advanced levels of Mathematics.
As a personal challenge I created a fullstack website for an automotive service business I'm starting, I used React 18.2 with Typescript for the frontend, nodeJS for the backend (used express for the API development) and MySQL as the database.
As my Intelligent Robotics project, I developed with my team an autonomous vehicle using a Puzzlebot with computer vision using the Manchester Robotics Puzzlebot kit, we used a NVIDIA Jetson Nano with ROS, OpenCV for computer vision and darknet for traffic signal detection.
As my fundamentals of robotics project, me and my team developed a pick and place simulation with the xArm 6 using ROS melodic with MoveIt for the movement planning and Gazebo for the physics simulation of the robotic arm. The robot grabs a cube and places it in its box.
As my advanced embedded systems design project, me and my team developed a pressure controller for the wheels of a tractor for our training partner John Deere, using a STM32H745 and a nodeMCU connected with a CAN bus and other communication protocols and for the air pump its respective power phase.
As my control systems analysis project, me and my team developed a temperature controller for an extruder using Arduino and PID control and a power phase for the extruder's power supply.
As my signal and systems analysis project, me and my team developed a script on Matlab to differentiate the voices of different people saying the same sentence.
As my introduction to embedded systems project, I developed the basic functionalities of a washing machine with IoT functionality (remote controlling through WiFi) using an NXP development board.
For my IoT Implementation project, me and my team developed the base design of a security system for a house door, with distance detection, movement detection and an MQTT connection to send messages of the status of the sensors.